wtorek, 1 maja 2012

The Sartorialist book

Lubię tę historię:

I remember when I saw this gentleman in the distance. As he came closer and more clearly in view, al I could think was: "Is this guy poor or just eccentric?" He was wearing a lot of elements  that people might call hobo chic the beard, the knit cap, the patches on his jeans. By the time he was only a few feet away I could clearly tell that his beard was too perfectly manicured, the khaki too perfectly tell patched and the overall fit of his clothes too perfectly dishevelled to be unintentional. As it turned out, he works for Ralph Lauren in their creative services. (...) A year or so later, I included this photo in my first one-man exhibition, at Danziger Project. One of the newspaper critics who reviewed  the show mentioned, that it was nice that I had included a homeless man among the other high-style people portrayed in the exhibit. I just didn't have the heart to let the critic know, that the homeless man probably made twice as much money as he did.
Scott Schuman, The Sartorialist





Brak komentarzy: